Do I Need a Visa If I Am Only Transiting through the United States?

If you will be transiting through the United States en route to another country you will need a visa. For that specific purpose, the United States has a special visa called the C-1 Visa. With the C-1 Visa, you are permitted to stay in the United States up to 29 days before reaching your final destination. The C-1 visa is usually required when transiting through the US by air or sea.

Was this article helpful to you?