What Are Indefinite Validity Visas or Burroughs Visas?

The United States once had something called Indefinite Validity Visas, also known as Burroughs visas. These visas were tourist or business visas manually stamped into a traveler’s passport and valid for ten years. The United States voided all indefinite visas on April 1, 2004. If you have an indefinite visa, then you are required to apply for an ordinary visa prior to visiting the United States.

Was this article helpful to you?